Урок по английскому языку «Средства общения»
по УМК Кауфмана К.И. “Happy English.ru” 8 класс
1. Систематизация умений и знаний, приобретенные по теме «Средства общения»
2. Развитие всех речевых умений и навыков и закрепление грамматических, лексических навыков
3. Воспитание любви и уважения к изучаемому языку, принимать осознанное решение
необходимости изучения английского языка.
Задачи: Обеспечить отработку лексики и грамматики, развивать умения и навыки в аудировании, чтении, говорении, совершенствовать способы развития учащихся.
Оснащение: УМК, компьютерная презентация, раздаточный материал, магнитофон, кассета
I Орг. момент
2. Беседа с классом
3. Объявление темы, целей.
Our theme is means of communication through the centuries. English is the language of the world communication.
to generalize our knowledge on this question
to get to know with something new for us
to practice vocabulary and grammar studied in this module
to check and consolidate speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
II Речевая зарядка
When the English tongue we speak,
Why is BREAK not rhymed with WEAK?
Will you tell me why it’s true,
We say SEW, but likewise FEW?
And the maker of a verse
Can’t rhyme his HORSE and WORSE.
CORD is different from WORD.
COW is COW, but LOW is LOW,
SHOE is never rhymed with TOE.
Wherefore DONE, but GONE and LONE.
Is there any reason known?
And in short it seems to me
Sound and letters disagree.
III Developing vocabulary and making reports
1. Повторение лексики
Means of communication
To take smth for granted
To contribute to smth
To interrupt smb/ smth
2. – Nowadays we take our modern means of communication for granted. The history of communication started long before people invented the alphabet. Let’s talk about the history of communication.
1. What did people do to tell other generations about their culture when they didn’t have the alphabet?
2. What did people do to send their letters when they didn’t have post offices?
3. What did people do to send quick messages when they didn’t have the telephone and the telegraph?
— You were to prepare information about means of communication. First of all answer, please. What means of communication do you know?
3. — Let’s listen to your retelling about inventions of means of communication. Рассказы учеников о средствах общения.
1. Which means of communication is the oldest?
2. Who invented paper?
a) Chinese b) Japanese c) the English
3. Who invented the alphabet?
a) the Jews b) Greeks c) the Egyptians
4. Who invented the stamp?
a) the English b) the Russians c) the Americans
5. Who invented the telephone?
a) Telephone b) Popov c) A.G.Bell
6. Who invented the telegraph?
a) A.G.Bell b) Samuel Morse c) Mary Telegraph
7. Who invented the e-mail?
a) the Americans b) the Russians c) the Germans
1.c, 2. a, 3. c, 4. a, 5. c, 6. b, 7. a
Nowadays mobile telephones and computers are more important in our life. Why are they important for people?
I couldn’t live without my computer at home. I use it all the time. It is like a typewriter and address book for me. Besides I can go on the Internet and discover everything about anything. It’s a brilliant source of information.
Computers can help you keep in touch with your friends writing and receiving e-mails. It only takes a few minutes to get a reply.
Yes, I completely agree with you. And what about mobile telephones?
I think mobile telephones are the great invention in our world. I need a telephone to get in touch with my friends.
And what’s your opinion? (Sergei)
I have a telephone to ring my parents and send and receive messages from my friends. I think it is very useful thing of communication.
As for me telephones and computers are the most fastest means of communication.
But they say that mobile telephones are dangerous for our health. The rays may cause headaches and even more dangerous diseases. Do you agree with it?
Yes, I agree with it. But it is worth using it.
— Listen to the speaker and answer: Which language contributed to English the least/ the most?
— Let’s check your answers.
A The roots of the English language
B English is the language of computers and business.
C English is the language of communication
D English is popular because it is the language of America
E Learning foreign languages is not an easy thing.
1. A, 2. C, 3. B, 4. E, 5. D
1. English is a Germanic language. The Anglo-Saxons contributed to the formation of English most of all. English grammar is still very similar to German. There are also a lot of French words in English from when from when William Duke of Normandy became the King of England in 1066. You can find a lot of Scandinavian words in English too. They came from the times when the Vikings raided Britain. The English alphabet came from Latin. Christian monks, who spoke Latin, brought it to England from Ireland.
2. “Do you speak English?” – with this phrase begins the conversation between two people, that speak different languages and want to find a common language. It’s very good when you hear: “Yes, I do”, and start talking. People of different countries and nations have to get along well with the progress in world trade and technology as well as with each other. So it is very useful to learn foreign languages. Knowledge of foreign languages helps us to develop friendship and understanding among people.
3. English is the language of computers, science, business, sport and politics. It’s spoken over the world. It is the official language of the United Kingdom, Ireland, the United States of America, Canada, Australia. There are more than 750 million speakers of English in the world.
4. They say English is an easy language. But learning a foreign language is a long and slow process that takes a lot of time and efforts. Nowadays it’s especially important to know foreign languages. Some people learn languages because they need them for their work, others travel abroad, for the third studying foreign languages is a hobby. Everyone, who knows foreign languages can speak to people from other countries, read foreign authors in the original, which takes outlook wider.
5. The world has to understand America because it is one of the biggest and strongest countries. Everybody wants to do business with America. These facts are very interesting. Six out of ten richest people in the world are Americans.The whole world eats in American restaurants: Mac Donalds, Burger King and Pizza Hut.The whole world wears American jeans such as Levis. Hollywood is the biggest film producer in the world. The most popular films in the world are American. The USA is the world leader in science and technology.
VII Role play
Why is English so popular?
T: Say whether you agree or disagree with the following statements:
English is spoken in all countries of the world.
If you are a stranger in any part of the world English will help you.
Everyone in Britain speaks the King’s or Queen’s English.
Received Pronunciation isn’t still important in Great Britain.
Nobody in Great Britain will care about your mistakes.
The problem of learning English for the purpose of communication is especially urgent in our country today.
T: Thank you. Glad to know your opinion.
Ex. 2, 3, 4, p.51 (WB)
Ex 2. 1. -; 2. the; 3. -; 4. the; 5. the; 6-.
Ex.3. 1.e, 2.c, 3. b, 4. d, 5. f, 6. a (парная работа)
Ex. 4. 1. In fact,2. sandwich, football,3. as a rule. 4.That’s a good idea.
To write a personal letter (100-140 words)
This is part of a letter from your English pen-friend.
… My father was ordered a good job in Canada. Our family is going to move there. What can I do? Do you advise me to go abroad? What do you think of changing your native country for abroad? Are there any working foreigners in Russia? Where would you go if you have a chance to change your native city?
Write back soon with your advice.
So my dears, all of you worked at the lesson perfectly well. Your marks are … . The lesson is over. Good bye.
УМК Кауфман К.И. “Happy English.ru” 8 класс
Брюсова Н.Г. “English for Fun-1”, 7-11 класс : учебное пособие
Единый государственный экзамен 2010. Английский язык. Учебно-тренировочные материалы для подготовки учащихся/ Москва:Интеллект-Центр, 2010