I. Match the columns :
1. Buckingham a. London
2.The House of b. Cathedral
3. St. Paul s c. Square
4.Trafalgar d. Ben
5.Big e. Palace
6.The Tower of f. Parliament
II. True or False . If the sentence is not true, correct it.
1. Big Ben is a clock.
2. Westminster Abbey is a famous royal church.
3. Trafalgar Square is in the centre of London.
4. Tower Bridge is one of the famous bridges across the Thames.
5. The Tower of London is the Queen’ s London residence.
6. The country’ s leaders speak in Buckingham Palace.
1.Do tourists always want to see Big Ben?
2. Is Big Ben really a bell or clock?
3. How often do you hear it?
4. Is the Tower of London new or old?
5. Does it have a long and cruel history?
6. Is the White Tower a tall building?
7. Where is the Bloody Tower?
8. Where does the Queen stay when she is in London?
9. When was Westminster Abbey built?
10. Where does the coronation of all British Kings and Queens take place ?
IV. Match the columns:
1) royal a)дворец
2) square b) происходить, иметь место
3) The Changing of the Guard c) башня
4) take place d) королевский
5) tower e )площадь
6) palace f) смена караула
V. Make up sentences with the words from exercise IV .
VI. Tell your classmates about the places of London you would like to visit.
I 1e 2f 3b 4c 5d 6a
II 1F 2T 3T 4T 5F 6F
IV 1d 2e 3f 4b 5c 6a